Throughout all of 2020, we realized how much our homes mean to us. As we take on 2021, it’s time to refresh some of the projects we did last year and take on the year with a whole new outlook. We’ve pulled together the top 5 interior design trends for 2021 that you’re going to love!
Flowers aren't just for special occasions anymore! Give yourself fresh flowers all year long with floral peel and stick wallpaper. Formal or cultivated floral wallpaper helps to elevate your room, while still making it playful. Pick a colorway that can be used to make a statement or blend into the background as an accent. Greens and blues are the hues that will make the most of your walls!
Other ways you can bring refined florals into your interior space that won't cover an entire wall are small framed prints or even floral wall decals. Floral prints on pillows and rugs might not be the focal point, but they make an impact in your space.
No matter the decade, jewel tones have made an appearance in beauty, fashion, and home decor! But what's a simple way to bring jewel tones in without changing your entire home? We have a couple of ideas!
- Adding rich pops of color like reds, teals, yellows, sapphires, and bright oranges to your walls make it easier to incorporate mixed and matched furniture.
- Introduce metal finishes like brushed brass or metallic shades of silver in unique ways. Lamps, coffee table legs, sconces, entertainment centers, and shelving are a good start to trying something new.
- Lavish jewel tones can make a more subtle statement when used in a material like velvet or corduroy which will show off your jewel tone colors in different shades.
Old World Influences
Find your perfect mix of vintage and unique detail when you take your current interior style and infuse it with old world influences.
- Shop at antique stores to find old trinket boxes, mirrors, candle holders, and other table top items for your entryway, living room, or dining room.
- Mixing and matching modern furniture with old picture frames and art brings quality to your home that adds distinction and personalization that's special to you.
- Slightly embellished wall treatments, curtains, and blinds that have a modern twist will shine your place up making it look fit for an old age king or queen!
Although we mentioned that jewel tones are making their way into homes this year, we also noticed that earth tones like olive green and terracotta orange are making an appearance in a big way! To incorporate earth tones into your decor, we have some tips.
- Start with your walls! A natural red or a rust color wall treatment easily blends into the warmer colors you layer on top. Too bold? Try a textured print pair with earth toned accessories to add depth.
- Different shades of greys, blues, browns, and olive greens bring natural concepts to your interior a lot easier than you'd think! Earth toned rugs, throw pillows, and curtains help tie your room to the great outdoors.
- And don’t forget your wood accents! Wood adds much needed warmth and texture to an earthy palette. Accent chairs, side tables, and bookshelves are inexpensive and easy ways to add wood to your home.
Last but not least, our last interior design trend involves a little math. JUST KIDDING! Geometric patterns, shapes, and concepts have been riding in the backseat for a while but are looking to take the wheel this year! From bi-colored, diamond tile floors to furniture that looks like art, shapes and patterns are a fun way to make your home stand out. Here’s how you can do it!
- The eye-sore of ceramic tile flooring you hate in your entryway so much doesn’t need to be ripped out. Pick durable paint in two colors and get brushing! Black and white make a traditional diamond patterned look come to life.
- Find wall art that embraces shapes of all kinds. Symmetrical, or asymmetrical, it doesn’t really matter! 3D art that can be hung or stood up make a wonderful conversation piece when visitors are finally in the clear to come over.
- Want to take a bolder approach? Transform your entire room with geometric print peel and stick wallpaper. Choose a color that matches your existing theme and add a more modern look to your room. Bathrooms are an easy start!
Give your home that little bit of umph it might need after becoming tired this past year! A breath of fresh 2021 interior decor air might be all it takes to bring it back to life. To see what peel and stick products we offer, browse our site!