How to Install Peel & Stick Wallpaper
Get ready to learn how to hang Peel & Stick Wallpaper Decor. Simply peel away and then stick anywhere. The best part is, it is completely removable and reusable. Meant for any smooth, flat surface including walls, doors, entryways, cabinets, stairs, furniture, frames, mirrors and more, never has decorating your space been easier or more fun. Follow our step-by-step detailed hanging instructions below to get started.
Gather The Recommended Tools
When applying Peel & Stick Decor, we recommend the following tools:
- Sponge and gentle cleaner (to clean the wall)
- Tape Measure
- Steel Ruler or Straight Edge
- Razor Knife
- Plastic Smoother
- Pre-cut strips to fit wall height. Remember to allow an extra inch or two for trimming both the top and bottom. Make sure to align any design from strip to strip when cutting. Number the back of each strip as you go to keep your design in the correct order (only if pattern requires it). Cut and trim product with a sharp razor knife changing the blade often to help maintain a smooth clean cut.
- Beginning on the left side of your wall, measure out from the corner the width of the paper (20&1/2”) and mark the wall lightly with a pencil. Put your level on this mark and draw a straight, level, vertical line. This is the guide for your first strip, it is very important for it to be level.
- Peel about 12” of the backing away from the paper. Apply the paper to the top of the wall, allowing a bit of excess to overlap the ceiling which will be trimmed off later. Align the right side of the strip to your mark and lightly press the edge to the wall along the mark. You can reposition if needed to ensure a vertical seam. Working from top to bottom, pull the backing away as you evenly press the paper to the wall. Do not force, let gravity assist you. Be careful not to pull or stretch the material or the pattern will not align. For best results , have one person guide the paper at the top and along the seam, while another holds the opposite edge away from the wall until the seams are lined up.
- Using a plastic smoother, work your way down the strip in a back and forth motion, smoothing the material to the wall and pushing out any air bubbles.
- Trim off excess material at ceiling and baseboard with a straight edge and sharp razor knife.
- Repeat procedure aligning your next strip to the right edge of your previous strip.
Installing Peel & Stick Wallpaper
Use the steps below to hang peel and stick decor.
Watch How Easy It Is!
In this short installation video, watch how easy it is to hang peel and stick wallpaper, remove our peel and stick wallpaper and replace with a new pattern.
We’re happy to help! Give us a call at 1-800-236-4520 or send us an email contact us.