Trendy Tuesday: Pompous PeacockSubscribe via RSS Feed
A new trend is on the rise: peacock. Luxurious emeralds, indigos, and purples, and even an exotic pop of fuchsia or lime green here and there, are appearing in fashion and design. Not only are the colors of the pretty peacock appearing, but peacock photos, graphics, and feathers are being used as well.
This bold take on the peacock trend will have your guests pleasantly surprised. The combination paisley and peacock pattern is incorporated into the space with complimenting colors and various other complimentary patterns.This space makes a bold statement without being over the top.
A more minimalistic approach on this trend is this quaint seating area, complete with a peacock inspired rug. This rug draws attention and admiration without taking over the space. What I love about this space is the colors pulled from the rug used in accent pieces throughout the room.
It wouldn’t be a peacock post without including this wallpaper design. This pattern is called “Hampton Court,” and is from a Ronald Redding collection called 18 Karat II. Believe it or not, this pattern was created from a fabric backdrop in a previous collection. York Wallcoverings (our parent company) received so many calls for wallpaper that resembled this fabric that they swiftly converted it into paper form.
Are you crazy about the peacock trend? I know I am in love with the vibrant purples and brilliant emeralds. What is your favorite piece of home decor using the peacock pattern? Or do you prefer simply drawing inspiration from the colors of its feathers? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts.
- Born to be Wild: How to Create a Wallpapered Ceiling Fan 5,292 views
- Friday Finds: DIY Dog Ideas 3,025 views
- Creating a Family Tree with Wall Decals 3,009 views
- Guest Post: Quick Curtain Makeover 1,979 views
- Moving RoomMates Wall Decals to a New Home 1,763 views
- Friday Finds: Pretty Pennants 1,581 views
- Trendy Tuesday: Pompous Peacock 1,472 views
- Decorating With Chalkboard Paint 1,207 views
- Look For the Tree in Apartment 23 952 views
- Trendy Tuesday: Repurposed Pallets 944 views
Browse by Categories
Search the Blog
Subscribe to the Blog
Stick with our blog! Sign up below to receive an email notification when we make a new post.