Trendy Tuesday: Pompous PeacockSubscribe via RSS Feed
A new trend is on the rise: peacock. Luxurious emeralds, indigos, and purples, and even an exotic pop of fuchsia or lime green here and there, are appearing in fashion and design. Not only are the colors of the pretty peacock appearing, but peacock photos, graphics, and feathers are being used as well.
This bold take on the peacock trend will have your guests pleasantly surprised. The combination paisley and peacock pattern is incorporated into the space with complimenting colors and various other complimentary patterns.This space makes a bold statement without being over the top.
A more minimalistic approach on this trend is this quaint seating area, complete with a peacock inspired rug. This rug draws attention and admiration without taking over the space. What I love about this space is the colors pulled from the rug used in accent pieces throughout the room.
It wouldn’t be a peacock post without including this wallpaper design. This pattern is called “Hampton Court,” and is from a Ronald Redding collection called 18 Karat II. Believe it or not, this pattern was created from a fabric backdrop in a previous collection. York Wallcoverings (our parent company) received so many calls for wallpaper that resembled this fabric that they swiftly converted it into paper form.
Are you crazy about the peacock trend? I know I am in love with the vibrant purples and brilliant emeralds. What is your favorite piece of home decor using the peacock pattern? Or do you prefer simply drawing inspiration from the colors of its feathers? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts.
Search the Blog
- Special Sneak Peeks for 2013 5,611 views
- Enter Our Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Wall Decal Giveaway! 2,766 views
- Moving RoomMates Wall Decals to a New Home 2,125 views
- Friday Finds: DIY Dog Ideas 1,579 views
- Creating a Family Tree with Wall Decals 1,348 views
- How to Easily Apply Giant Wall Decals 1,348 views
- Guest Post: Simple Bathroom Updates 1,191 views
- Jessica’s Supersized Scroll Tree Bedroom Decor 1,186 views
- You Asked: How Do I Use My Extra Wall Decals? 1,121 views
- Born to be Wild: How to Create a Wallpapered Ceiling Fan 1,071 views
Browse by Categories
- All Things Chalk (2)
- Customer Room Submissions (51)
- Decorating Ideas + Inspiration (52)
- Frozen Bedroom Ideas (6)
- Home Trends (36)
- Nursery Design Ideas (12)
- Personalized Decor With Custom Wall Decals (6)
- Project Corner: DIY Projects (29)
- Q&A Sesh (8)
- Seasonal Projects & Gifts (10)
- Wall Decal How Tos (13)
- What's New at RoomMates (35)
Subscribe to the Blog
Stick with our blog! Sign up below to receive an email notification when we make a new post.