A Splash of ChevronSubscribe via RSS Feed
As a new homeowner, I am constantly looking for a way to spruce things up around the house. I am constantly thinking “how can I change this?” Or “what would that wall look like if it was this color?” Frankly, my boyfriend gets tired of my desire always to be crafting—he just loves our trips to the craft store. Just when I think that I have everything perfect, something new emerges and I am ready to start my next project.
Here at RoomMates, we are always keeping up with the latest trends and this one is hard to miss: the bold chevron. Whether it is black, light blue, or orange, this retro look is a pattern that keeps re-emerging. I know you might be thinking, “this is too bold for my home,” but there are many ways it can be incorporated into everyday décor fairly easily. Never be afraid of color—it can be that pop that makes a room come to life.
Here are a few examples of how you can incorporate a splash of chevron into your daily life:
image from Simple Dwellings
In my home, I never want people looking at my stairs because they always seem to collect dust bunnies. But with this chevron print on them, I would show my stairs off to everyone who comes over. This DIY from Amber at Simple Dwellings is a great way to turn boring stairs into a work of art. By painting alternate stairs, it draws the attention of your eyes. The patterned risers are accented nicely with the potted poinsettias. You can learn how to do this project yourself by reading the tutorial here.
A way that RoomMates is planning to incorporate the chevron trend into our product line is by creating a series of chevron Magic Hooks, including this pink design. Stay tuned: these new products will be released this spring. The best part about Magic Hooks is that they are easily removable and repositionable! If you don’t like how they look somewhere, or just need to use them somewhere else, you can.
These are just a few ways you can incorporate chevrons into your home. Do you have any chevron decorating ideas of your own? What is your favorite shade of chevron? We would love for you to share your ideas with us!
Search the Blog
- Special Sneak Peeks for 2013 6,975 views
- Enter Our Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Wall Decal Giveaway! 2,892 views
- Three Simple Spring Decorating Ideas 1,958 views
- Moving RoomMates Wall Decals to a New Home 1,924 views
- Kids' Spaces: Colorful Nursery Decor 1,794 views
- More Fun Chalkboard Paint Ideas 1,730 views
- Trendy Tuesday: Solid Gold 1,535 views
- Friday Finds: Iron Man 3 1,437 views
- Friday Finds: Pretty Pennants 1,362 views
- Creating a Family Tree with Wall Decals 1,040 views
Browse by Categories
- All Things Chalk (2)
- Customer Room Submissions (50)
- Decorating Ideas + Inspiration (51)
- Frozen Bedroom Ideas (5)
- Home Trends (36)
- Nursery Design Ideas (11)
- Personalized Decor With Custom Wall Decals (6)
- Project Corner: DIY Projects (29)
- Q&A Sesh (7)
- Seasonal Projects & Gifts (10)
- Wall Decal How Tos (12)
- What's New at RoomMates (35)
Subscribe to the Blog
Stick with our blog! Sign up below to receive an email notification when we make a new post.